Classic Self-Rising Flour Bread Recipe
Baking your own bread using self-rising flour can be a delightful and rewarding experience. With its premixed combination of flour, salt, and baking powder, self-rising flour eliminates the need for yeast and makes baking bread a breeze. This article will guide you through a classic self-rising flour bread recipe that will result in a delicious loaf of bread perfect for sandwiches or toast.
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the self-rising flour and sugar. Mix well to ensure the sugar is evenly distributed throughout the flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour mixture. Stir until the ingredients are just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this could result in a denser loaf.
- Transfer the dough into the greased loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
This classic self-rising flour bread recipe yields a perfectly moist and tender loaf. The sugar and butter add a touch of sweetness and richness, enhancing the overall flavor. The bread can be enjoyed fresh out of the oven, slathered with butter or your favorite spread. It is also excellent for making sandwiches, as it holds up well and adds a delightful homemade touch.
When baking this bread, it is important not to overmix the dough. Overmixing can lead to gluten development, resulting in a denser texture. Mixing until just combined will yield a lighter, fluffier bread. Additionally, make sure to use an appropriate-sized loaf pan to ensure even baking. Too small of a pan may result in a loaf that is too dense in the center.
You can also customize this recipe by incorporating various add-ins, such as herbs, cheeses, or even dried fruits. For a savory twist, you can mix in some chopped rosemary and grated Parmesan cheese. For a sweeter option, try adding raisins and cinnamon to the dough. The options are endless, so don’t be afraid to get creative!
Baking bread with self-rising flour is a simple and convenient way to enjoy freshly baked goodies without the hassle of working with yeast. This classic self-rising flour bread recipe is a fantastic starting point for your bread-baking adventures. So go ahead, grab your ingredients, and let the aroma of freshly baked bread fill your kitchen.
Quick and Easy Self-Rising Flour Bread
If you’re looking for a simple and hassle-free way to make delicious homemade bread, then using self-rising flour is the perfect solution. With the added convenience of not having to measure and mix multiple ingredients, self-rising flour simplifies the bread-making process, allowing you to enjoy freshly baked bread in no time. In this article, we will explore two quick and easy bread recipes that utilize the magic of self-rising flour.
1. Classic Self-Rising Flour Loaf
For those who love a traditional loaf of bread, this recipe will surely satisfy your cravings. Here’s what you’ll need:
– 3 cups of self-rising flour
– 1 and 1/2 cups of warm water
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of sugar (optional for a hint of sweetness)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a loaf pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the self-rising flour and sugar (if desired), and give it a quick stir to distribute the ingredients evenly.
3. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, then pour in the warm water and olive oil.
4. Using a wooden spoon or your hands, mix the ingredients until a sticky dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Transfer the dough to the greased loaf pan, spreading it evenly. You can smooth out the top with a spatula or wet hands.
6. Bake the loaf in the preheated oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until the top turns golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Once baked, remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
This classic self-rising flour loaf is perfect for sandwiches, toast, or simply enjoyed with a pat of butter. It yields a soft and fluffy texture with a slightly crusty exterior.
2. Flavorful Herbed Focaccia
If you’re in the mood for a savory bread with an Italian twist, this herbed focaccia recipe is a must-try. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
– 2 and 1/2 cups of self-rising flour
– 1 and 1/4 cups of warm water
– 1/4 cup of olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
– 1 tablespoon of dried Italian herbs (such as oregano, rosemary, or basil)
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the self-rising flour, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well to evenly distribute the ingredients.
3. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the warm water and olive oil.
4. Stir the mixture until a sticky dough forms, ensuring all the ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Transfer the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it out into a rectangular or circular shape, approximately 1/2 inch thick.
6. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over the dough, covering the surface completely. This will help create a crispy and flavorful crust.
7. Bake the focaccia in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the top turns golden brown and the edges become crispy.
8. Once baked, remove the focaccia from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Optionally, you can brush the top with additional olive oil and sprinkle some extra herbs for a more pronounced flavor.
This herbed self-rising flour focaccia is a delightful appetizer or side dish, perfect for pairing with soups, salads, or enjoyed on its own. Its aromatic flavors and light yet chewy texture will impress your taste buds.
3. Rustic Artisan Bread with Self-Rising Flour
Who doesn’t love the smell of freshly baked bread? If you want to experience the joy of baking your own bread but don’t have much time or expertise, using self-rising flour to make a rustic artisan loaf is the perfect solution.
Rustic artisan bread is a type of bread characterized by its crusty exterior, chewy interior, and irregular shape. It often has a beautiful golden-brown crust and a rich, complex flavor. With the help of self-rising flour, you can achieve these delightful qualities without any hassle.
To start, gather the following ingredients:
– 500 grams of self-rising flour
– 400 milliliters of lukewarm water
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– Optional toppings or additions such as herbs, cheese, or seeds
Begin by preheating your oven to 450°F (230°C) and placing a baking stone or tray inside to heat up. A baking stone will help you achieve that crusty exterior, but if you don’t have one, a regular baking sheet will do.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the self-rising flour and salt. Make a well in the center and gradually pour in the lukewarm water. Using a wooden spoon or your hands, mix the ingredients until a sticky dough forms. Don’t worry if it looks messy; rustic bread should have a rough appearance.
Next, lightly flour a clean surface and transfer the dough onto it. Knead the dough for about 5-10 minutes, incorporating a bit of extra flour if needed. The dough should become smoother and more elastic as you work it. Shape the dough into a round ball.
Now, take a clean kitchen towel and generously dust it with flour. Place the dough on the towel and cover it with the rest of the towel. Let it rest and rise for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in size. This slow rise will help develop its flavor and texture.
Once the dough has risen, carefully remove the towel and transfer it to a preheated baking stone or sheet. If desired, you can slash the top of the dough with a sharp knife to create a rustic pattern.
Bake the bread for 25-30 minutes or until it is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. The exact baking time may vary, so keep an eye on it towards the end. The delicious aroma will fill your kitchen, teasing your taste buds as you wait for it to be done.
Once baked, remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before slicing. This will allow the interior to set and prevent it from becoming too doughy or gummy.
Finally, it’s time to enjoy your homemade rustic artisan bread! Serve it warm with a generous smear of butter or your favorite dip. The crust will have a delightful crunch, and the soft, chewy interior will be packed with flavor. It’s perfect for sandwiches, soup dippings, or simply enjoyed on its own.
Experiment with different toppings and additions to customize your bread. Sprinkle it with rosemary and sea salt for a savory kick, or add some shredded cheese and garlic for a delicious twist. The possibilities are endless, and with self-rising flour, you can easily achieve bakery-quality results from the comfort of your own kitchen.
So, why not give this rustic artisan bread recipe a try? With its simple ingredients and easy steps, you’ll be able to bake a fresh loaf in no time. Savor every bite and savor the satisfaction of creating something truly delicious.
Delicious Sweet Bread using Self-Rising Flour
If you have a sweet tooth, then you’re in for a treat! Self-rising flour can be used to make some incredibly delicious sweet breads that are sure to satisfy your cravings. Whether you’re looking for a classic banana bread or a unique flavor combination like chocolate chip pumpkin bread, self-rising flour is the secret ingredient that will take your bread to the next level.
One of the most popular sweet bread recipes using self-rising flour is banana bread. This moist and flavorful loaf is perfect for breakfast or as a snack throughout the day. The self-rising flour helps the bread rise beautifully and gives it a tender texture. Simply mash ripe bananas, mix them with melted butter, sugar, eggs, and self-rising flour, and bake until golden brown. The result is a heavenly loaf of banana bread that is full of banana flavor and has a slightly caramelized crust.
If you’re looking for something a little different, why not try making chocolate chip pumpkin bread? This seasonal treat is a combination of two beloved flavors and is perfect for cozy autumn evenings. The self-rising flour helps the bread rise and gives it a light and fluffy texture. Mix together canned pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, eggs, self-rising flour, pumpkin pie spice, and chocolate chips, then bake until the bread is cooked through and the chocolate chips are melty. The result is a moist and rich loaf with the perfect balance of pumpkin and chocolate flavors.
For those who love the taste of cinnamon, cinnamon swirl bread made with self-rising flour is a must-try. This bread is reminiscent of a warm cinnamon roll but in loaf form. The self-rising flour ensures that the bread rises beautifully and has a soft and tender crumb. To make this delicious bread, you’ll need to make a simple cinnamon-sugar filling by combining ground cinnamon and sugar. Roll out the dough, spread the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly, roll it up, and place it in a loaf pan. Bake until golden brown and enjoy the irresistible aroma of cinnamon that fills your kitchen as it bakes.
If you’re a fan of citrus flavors, lemon poppy seed bread is a delightful option. The self-rising flour adds a light and airy texture to the bread while the lemon zest and juice infuse it with a refreshing citrus aroma. To make this bread, combine sugar, butter, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, milk, self-rising flour, and poppy seeds. Bake until golden and enjoy the tangy and sweet flavors of this delightful treat.
Another fantastic sweet bread recipe using self-rising flour is apple cinnamon bread. This bread is filled with tender chunks of apple and warm spices that will make your kitchen smell like heaven. The self-rising flour ensures that the bread has a soft and fluffy texture, while the apples add a natural sweetness and moisture. Mix together diced apples, sugar, oil, eggs, self-rising flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg, then bake until golden brown. The result is a delightful bread that is perfect for cool fall mornings or as a comforting dessert.
No matter which sweet bread recipe you choose, using self-rising flour will guarantee that your bread turns out light, fluffy, and delicious. So, grab a loaf pan, some self-rising flour, and let your baking adventures begin!
Healthier Homemade Bread Recipe with Self-Rising Flour
When it comes to making bread at home, using self-rising flour can be a game changer. Not only does it simplify the baking process by eliminating the need for yeast and other additional ingredients, but it also allows for a healthier twist on traditional bread recipes. In this article, we will explore five delicious and nutritious bread recipes that utilize self-rising flour.
1. Whole Wheat Self-Rising Bread
For those looking for a healthier alternative, this whole wheat self-rising bread recipe is perfect. Made with a combination of self-rising flour, whole wheat flour, and a touch of honey, this bread is packed with fiber and nutrients. Its dense texture and nutty flavor make it an excellent choice for sandwiches or toasting.
2. Herbed Self-Rising Bread
If you’re a fan of savory bread, this herbed self-rising bread recipe will not disappoint. By adding a variety of fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, and basil to the dough, you’ll infuse your bread with incredible flavors. Enjoy this aromatic bread alongside soups, stews, or as an accompaniment to your favorite dishes.
3. Seeded Self-Rising Bread
Adding seeds to bread not only enhances its nutritional value but also provides a delightful crunch. This seeded self-rising bread recipe allows you to customize your bread by incorporating a variety of seeds such as flaxseeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds. Enjoy it as a hearty breakfast toast or as a base for sandwiches.
4. Fruit and Nut Self-Rising Bread
For a sweet and satisfying treat, try this fruit and nut self-rising bread recipe. Loaded with dried fruits like raisins, cranberries, and apricots, along with a generous amount of chopped nuts, this bread is perfect for breakfast or as a dessert. The natural sweetness from the fruits eliminates the need for added sugars.
5. Gluten-Free Self-Rising Bread
Individuals with gluten sensitivities or Celiac disease can also enjoy delicious homemade bread with this gluten-free self-rising bread recipe. Made with a blend of gluten-free flours, such as rice flour, almond flour, and cornstarch, this bread offers a soft and moist texture. It’s a fantastic alternative for those following a gluten-free diet.
With these healthier homemade bread recipes using self-rising flour, you can enjoy the satisfaction of baking your own bread while incorporating wholesome ingredients. Give them a try and delight your taste buds with these delicious and nutritious creations!