where to buy german chocolate cake near me German chocolate frosting
Hey there folks! Today I’m going to talk about one of my absolute favorite things in the world – cake. And not just any cake, oh no. I’m talkin’ ’bout German chocolate cake. Now, if you’re not a fan of chocolate, we may have to part ways here, but if you’re still with me, let’s dive in.
First up, we’ve got this bad boy from Walmart:
- 1 box (18.25 oz) German chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (12.25 oz) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Bake cake mix as directed on package, using a 13×9-inch baking pan. Remove from oven.
- Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping; pour over cake. Let cool.
- Spread whipped topping over cake; sprinkle with pecans.
Now, let’s move on to something homemade:
Check out this beauty:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour three 8-inch cake pans.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or on top of a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time, making sure each is fully incorporated.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk, until batter is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into the batter.
- Stir in boiling water.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cakes completely before frosting.
And last but not least, let’s take a gander at this frosting recipe:
German Chocolate Frosting:
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, whisk together evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, butter and vanilla extract.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture has thickened and is golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut and pecans.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature before using.
Well folks, there you have it. Three amazing German chocolate cake recipes for you to try out. Excuse me while I go stuff my face with some cake now.
German chocolate frosting. The best german chocolate cake. Gallery – the pie safe bakery & cafe. Walmart cake chocolate german bakery fudge filling icing oz store. German’s chocolate cake [homemade] : food. The bakery at walmart 7" german chocolate cake with fudge icing/german
German chocolate frosting. The best german chocolate cake. Gallery – the pie safe bakery & cafe. The bakery at walmart 7" german chocolate cake with fudge icing/german. German’s chocolate cake [homemade] : food. Walmart cake chocolate german bakery fudge filling icing oz store